Professional Year in Australia
Updated: May 3
What is Professional Year Program?
Professional Year are for international students who have recently completed their Graduate or Master studies. It's a 44 week course. Students learn important workplace skills like communication, working with other people and get practical experience. It's a great way for international students to gain practical experience in Australian workplaces and become job ready.
Can I increase PR points if I do Professional Year Program?
Another advantage of Professional year is that international students who wants to apply for Australian Permanent Residency (PR), they get 5 extra points if they complete professional year.
Who can do Professional Year?
Currently students of following professions can apply for professional year enrollment:
2) Information Technology
What are Requirements for Accounting Professional Year?
To be eligible to enroll in professional year, applicant must meet following requirements:
1) An accountant degree whose duration of study is minimum 2 years;
2) Obtained or applied for Temporary Visa (subclass 485) with a minimum 12 months validity;
3) Have a minimum PTE-A score of 50 or IELTS score of 6.0, in all 4 competencies, or equivalent;
4) A Migration Skill Assessment outcome from accounting body.
What are Requirements for IT Professional Year?
To be eligible for the ACS Professional Year in IT, applicant must have:
1) Completed a recognized IT degree in Australia that provides a minimum of two years credit points.
2) Obtained or applied for a Graduate (Temporary) Visa (subclass 485) with a minimum 12 months validity;
3) have at least a PTE-A score of 50 with nothing below 36 or overall IELTS score of 6.0 with nothing below 5, in all four competencies or equivalent.
What are Requirements for Engineering Professional Year?
Applicant need to fulfill following requirements to be eligible to enroll in Engineering Professional year;
1) Have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate award in Australia for Engineering;
2) Hold or applied for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485, either stream) with at least 12 months validity or;
Hold an eligible Secondary Visa with work and study rights with at least 12 months validity;
3) Have at least a PTE (Academic) score of 50 with nothing below 36 or IELTS score of 6.0 with nothing below 5, in all 4 competencies or equivalent;
4) Provide a valid skills assessment from Engineering Education Australia.
Offshore university graduates may be eligible to complete the Professional Year in Engineering on a 476 visa.
How much does Professional Year Program Cost?
Cost of Professional Year Program varies from institute to institute. If you apply directly to the institute, expect to pay full price.
But if you apply to professional year program through a agent like us, you get discounted price. Reason is that we have commercial agreements with Professional Year Providers.
If you apply directly to the Institute, Accounting Professional Year Program usually costs $6,000. If you apply using services of Opicka Consultant, prices starts from $3,400.
Similarly, IT Professional Year Program usually starts from $11,000. But Opicka Consultant can help you in completing your IT professional Year Course in $7,250.
Engineering Professional Year Programs are generally more expensive. Price of Engineering Professional Year Programs usually starts from $15,000. Opicka Consultant offers $1,000 scholarship to students who wants to do Engineering Professional Year.
How I can Apply for Professional Year Program?
When you apply for Professional Year with Opicka Consultant, we give you hefty discount to study your Professional Year.
Ready to apply? Click here
Call us direclty on 0421757894 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to start your enrollment or for any inquiries.